Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have the seven-inch itch?

• Total voters

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
As someone who has become a zombie over the iPad Mini 5, let me tell you that it’s contagious. The size, the display, the A12 chip, Touch ID 2, the aspect ratio, everything! I don’t know what to do. The itch is very strong and there’s no cure to stop mesmerizing over the iPad Mini 5. Do you have the seven-inch itch? Could someone help?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
As someone who has become a zombie over the iPad Mini 5, let me tell you that it’s contagious. The size, the display, the A12 chip, Touch ID 2, the aspect ratio, everything! I don’t know what to do. The itch is very strong and there’s no cure to stop mesmerizing over the iPad Mini 5. Do you have the seven-inch itch? Could someone help?
Nice play on words. :)
rimshot.gif

Do you currently have an iPad Mini? Why haven't you succumbed to the itch and get one?

The "iPad Mini itch" is a real thing. :)

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I knew that the Mini 5 has been the iPad I’ve truly wanted since I returned my Mini 4 (because I had to fund a new iMac). I loved the Mini 4 and was sorry to get rid of it.

I bought an iPad Pro because of the Pencil and since that went kaput way too soon, I’ve been wanting a Mini with Pencil support. Now I have one and I love it.

So my itch has been there for years, and I am happy to scratch that itch.

houttbe

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Brussels, Belgium

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
I'm not sure I could call it an itch when I have an iPad 3 (yes that bodged release with the A5X) more a justified upgrade, but it's a form factor I have somehow resisted since Retina came to the Mini.

Not wanting anything that can't get free Microsoft Word, the Mini is the only sensible option for an upgrade that looks to be essential before iOS13 comes out and even more apps demand higher than iOS9. If the 2019 iPad had materialised, then maybe it'd be more of an itch as the slimmer 9.7 design is appealing also.

user_xyz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2018

I kinda have the itch!!
But at $529.00 for the Model with GPS it's not worth it for me.

StralyanPithecus

macrumors 6502
I’m not that sure if I’ll end up using it much or not.
I pretty much have the same devices as you and I found myself using more the mini than the pro due its size. For reading books and casual browsing is done more comfortably on the mini, for the hard work, specially drawing and reading complex pdfs, the pro is my tools. For programming and more complex task the Macbook pro.

of course all said, if the economy allows you...

Stev150

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
I have the 2018 iPad . and im really tempted to sell the iPad and get the mini .. I even have it in my basket ready :D

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I kinda have the itch!!
But at $529.00 for the Model with GPS it's not worth it for me.
You can get the cellular version from Verizon for $150 off with no long term contract. If you want $200 off, you would have to sign a contract for service. I purchased from Verizon for the $150 off and have been pleased thus far. It was overnighted to me free. I have had it since 3/28. Nice getting cellular for the price of WiFi.

Davefevs

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2015
Bristol, UK
Went into Apple store in UK today. Had a play with both the Mini and Air. The mini is great to hold, but as I'll be downsizing from a 12.9 1st gen, it’s far too big a leap. Fully expect to buy the new 10.5 air (256gb) in the coming days....interest free credit in UK. Already have pencil 1. Never bothered with keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.