Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
Soo... I just discovered this device which kept appearing in the Network section of the Finder app, but I don't think I recognize it. It appears to be a PC. But when I click on it, it says that it's "Not connected"

What does that mean ? :)

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 10.03.59 pm.png

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
I'm guessing it is your printer that is connected. This is how my HP printer shows up.
Of course it could be another device that is on your network, many show up with the pc icon.
I don't think that's it. I did use to have a wi-fi HP printer, but it's not connected to the same wi-fi network my Mac is currently connected to.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
If you can't figure out what device it is that is connected with the name just login to your router and find it there and it should give you more info so you know what it is.

It would be unlikely that someone with a pc is connected if that is what you are worried about.

elvisimprsntr

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2013
Florida
Download a network scanner or log into your router to get the MAC address.

Assuming is not a device that has the ability of obfuscate its MAC address (aka private address), you can use a OUI look up to find the manufacturer to help narrow it down.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.