Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogslobber

macrumors 601
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
Wow, who pissed on your sugar cube today? Mac OS 9 was a marvel to use, too bad you obviously haven't tried it much. And Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X had a loooot over things in common. And yes I can guess all I want, but if you don't care about it, then you shouldn't have brought it up. :p macOS is a marketing ploy... But OS X wasn't. Got ya... :rolleyes:

Mac OS 9? If it were so good then Apple wouldn't have needed to buy NeXT. Apple had various aborted attempts to fix their OS strategy in the 90s and Steve 2 used Mac OS 9 as a band aid to OS X. It's generally accepted that Win95 over took Mac OS when released and it took until about Panther before WinXP could be challenged. Revisionism aside, a lot of the APIs were ported to make NeXT STEP more Mac like.
[doublepost=1474306007][/doublepost]
Indeed.
Apple got their nickers in the twist once iOS 9 -> iOS 10
Hoe do you call both OS'es?

"Eye Oh Es Ten"
"Oh Es Ten"

Should simply have kept "Mac" before OS X 10.7 and later.

It would have been an issue for a year then iOS 11 would be along.

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
The only thing I like in Sierra is the ability to put on top the folders in Finder.
I dislike it that it broke support with my old M-Audio Profire 2626 card. It will never work with newer OSes as it's been marked as legacy product. I'm staying with El Capitan for quiet some time now.

Reactions: thor1996

Uni Grad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Bloomberg News
The only thing I like in Sierra is the ability to put on top the folders in Finder.
I dislike it that it broke support with my old M-Audio Profire 2626 card. It will never work with newer OSes as it's been marked as legacy product. I'm staying with El Capitan for quiet some time now.

Yeah I think Ill be sticking with El Capitan for a while.

Reactions: thor1996
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.