Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple$

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2021
I’ve had this iPad Air 3 since May 2019, the newer iPad 10 has dropped in price by $100 CAD. I’ve been thinking of getting one since the battery on my current iPad lasts less than 4-5 hours. But I wouldn’t mind waiting for the next generation to get longer support. Is it expected that Apple would come out with a A15/16 base iPad come September?
The reason for the base iPad is I don’t really notice much difference in the screen quality between the base iPad and the Air and I don’t really need the extra power of the M2 processor.

Last edited:

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
The screen will be somewhat worse, not fully laminated, no AR coating, no P3 color.

The base iPad may be updated in October or November, but since the price has just been reduced, it may take until next spring.

Total Respray

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
I have an Air 3 and am getting an Air M2. I had previously bought an iPad 10 for my partner which is great - except for the excessive reflections on the non-laminated screen. Otherwise it would have been fine for my needs. Hope this helps.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Is it expected that Apple would come out with a A15/16 base iPad come September?
MR Buyer’s Guides are a great resource for the latest on hardware upgrade timing and what’s coming…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.