Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richy85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2020
hello everyone!

I am relatively new to using open core legacy, I see that some programs that I use daily do not work. One of these programs is Thinkorswim, it opens but there is a permanent error message

I'm using a 2012 mac mini 6.2 macos Ventura 13.3.1 and open core legacy 0.6.5

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-06 a la(s) 13.12.22.png

"
Unexpected error detected.
java.lang.IllegalStateException
Failed to receive the response.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to receive the response.
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.CommonThreadResponseConsumer.await(CommonThreadResponseConsumer.java:55)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.CommonThreadCallExecutor.execute(CommonThreadCallExecutor.java:29)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.UniversalServiceConnection.invoke(UniversalServiceConnection.java:183)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.browser.internal.BrowserImpl.tryToClose(BrowserImpl.java:556)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.browser.internal.BrowserImpl.close(BrowserImpl.java:526)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.browser.internal.BrowserImpl.close(BrowserImpl.java:511)
at com.devexperts.tos.ui.user.browser.JXBrowser.close(JXBrowser.java:90)
at com.devexperts.tos.ui.user.login.schwab.SchwabOAuthLoginPanel.dispose(SchwabOAuthLoginPanel.java:130)
at com.devexperts.tos.ui.user.login.schwab.SchwabLoginView.dispose(SchwabLoginView.java:378)
at com.devexperts.tos.ui.user.login.schwab.SchwabLoginDialog.dispose(SchwabLoginDialog.java:227)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The connection has been closed.
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.CommonThreadCallExecutor.lambda$execute$0(CommonThreadCallExecutor.java:24)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.deps.com.google.protobuf.RpcUtil$1.run(RpcUtil.java:79)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.deps.com.google.protobuf.RpcUtil$1.run(RpcUtil.java:70)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.ServiceChannel$1.onError(ServiceChannel.java:76)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.SharedMemoryTransport.lambda$close$1(SharedMemoryTransport.java:132)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.forEach(Unknown Source)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.SharedMemoryTransport.close(SharedMemoryTransport.java:130)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.RpcConnection.close(RpcConnection.java:51)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.internal.rpc.transport.ConnectionChecker.run(ConnectionChecker.java:41)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
"

goldengatetroll

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2023
OCLP AMFI did the trick!! Now ThinkorSwim works on my late 2013 iMac using OCLP 0.6.7 to install 13.4.1. I installed OCLP AMFI as final step after installing 13.4.1 with OCLP 0.6.7. Hope this helps the TOS community.

Reactions: Richy85

Richy85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2020
Hi, have you upgraded the macOS, or still on 13.2.1? I am currently on 13.4.1 (22F82) on a late 2013 iMac and having the same error issue with ThinkorSwim.
I continue with the same version. As it is not my main team, I am waiting for them to solve this issue and another problem with vmware fusion

Richy85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2020
OCLP AMFI did the trick!! Now ThinkorSwim works on my late 2013 iMac using OCLP 0.6.7 to install 13.4.1. I installed OCLP AMFI as final step after installing 13.4.1 with OCLP 0.6.7. Hope this helps the TOS community.
Hello, how did you install OCPL AMFI?

xqtechnology

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2023
I just upgraded my iMac 2014 to Venture 13.5 with OCLP 0.68, and I am having this same issue with Thinkorswim app.

JohnHas

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2024
Houston
I am unable to find Technical Support for TOS on Mac (2017) running latest Ventura. I want to download to Excel. The only option is .csv. I save that and then try to import on Excel and I get the delimited, etc. and just garbage in the first column. No one at Schwab or Apple Store seems to be able to assist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.