Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
Quote from my previous post #287

I am betting this year will be all about Internal and Spec upgrade. That is everything from CPU, GPU, NPU, Memory, NAND Speed, WiFI, Speaker, Antenna, Modem, Taptic Engine, Fast Charge Controller, Face ID 2.0, Camera, Display, and new iOS 13.

Basically apart from the looks and design, everything under the hood, including the materials used will be different in this year's iPhone.

While this is all just a guess, iPhone XS to iPhone 11 should be a better upgrade than iPhone X to iPhone XS.

Reactions: ParaShot

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I feel many people don't seem to understand that the upcoming 2019 iPhones, despite the names, are actually S year phones?

So my question to you would be, why would anyone care if it’s an ‘S phone’ or not? Consumers upgrade when they need to or depending how old of an iPhone they have. Anyone with a newer iPhone model like the X and above, probably aren’t that interested in the 2019 iPhone. Not every phone has to be slated to target every consumer.

‘S’ year doesn’t mean anything, what matters, is Apple will try to target the generation that is keeping their older iPhone models to upgrade to the 2019 iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.