Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Thanks for all the replies! Which stainless do you prefer? I'm thinking either Stainless (shiny) or Black Stainless. Side note: It's really tough to tell the difference in pictures between the Space Gray Aluminum and Space Black Stainless.

There are no reflection issues that would prevent reading the SS display in bright sunlight. Whoever said that is picking nits.

I like the silver SS personally, since I've found it easier to pair more bands with silver than black.

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
I have never noticed any issue with glare.

But I will say that while my Series 0 stainless steel casing has tons of scratches all over, the screen is still pristine. It’s kinda mind-boggling how impressive that is. It’s been accidentally banged into tons of things, but still not a single scratch or blemish to be seen. Not even a micro scratch. Meanwhile I treat my iPhone X like a baby and its screen still has a couple of micro scratches. Why aren’t they making the iPhone glass out of this stuff?!

I actually bought some stainless polish cloths off amazon and they worked WONDERS on removing all the micro scratches. I do it a couple times a year and it looks like a mirror after giving it some TLC for 15 mins

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think you have mentioned to be careful not to get the cloth on the screen though as to not remove the coating on the screen, correct?

Correct. If you have contact with the coating on the screen, it can cause a separation or blotchy look to it. Just take your time when using the cloth.

Reactions: cwanja
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.