Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Completely meaningless without being able to view content in reverse chronological order. Seeing ‘news’ that’s 2-3 days old is pointless.

This.

It blows my mind that Threads doesn't even offer this as an option. It's the main reason I use Threads so little

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
I get a kick out of it when journalists say "X, formerly named Twitter" or "Twitter, renamed X."

The name is Twitter and always will be Twitter no matter how much the man-child stomps his feet on the pavement or journalists call it X out of Musk fear.

Reactions: KeithBN

gleepskip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
I get a kick out of it when journalists say "X, formerly named Twitter" or "Twitter, renamed X."

The name is Twitter and always will be Twitter no matter how much the man-child stomps his feet on the pavement or journalists call it X out of Musk fear.

I bet you still call it Constantinople, too.

SodaFountain

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2022
Not sure which world the article got their DAU stats from, but Twitter has 8-10 X more Daily active users compared to threads. Threads was/is a disaster When compared to twitter. Here is another kicker, Threads monthly active users is lower than X/twitter DAU. There are lot of analytics firms which track the data for marketing, and none of them have Threads more than 20-30 M DAU. X or twitter has around 200-250 M DAU. And the engagement numbers for threads are in the range of 5-10 Mins, X has usage metrics of around 30 mins.
The reason Threads is being so desperately pushed here is purely political. They don’t like that people who hold opinions with which they disagree are allowed to speak freely.

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
Not sure which world the article got their DAU stats from, but Twitter has 8-10 X more Daily active users compared to threads. Threads was/is a disaster When compared to twitter. Here is another kicker, Threads monthly active users is lower than X/twitter DAU. There are lot of analytics firms which track the data for marketing, and none of them have Threads more than 20-30 M DAU. X or twitter has around 200-250 M DAU. And the engagement numbers for threads are in the range of 5-10 Mins, X has usage metrics of around 30 mins.
The article saying Threads has more DAU than X is most certainly a lie.

Reactions: TechnoMonk

robgreene

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
Do a google search on Threads/X DAU. lol. I don’t even like Elon, but this is funny.
Here were my results:
1715949366100.png

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
The article saying Threads has more DAU than X is most certainly a lie.
Or cherry pick a segment of population that favors threads to show better DAU numbers. I interact with lot of meta folks on twitter in AI/ML space, but they are non existent on threads. Meta has long way, when their own employees interact on existing social circles on other platforms.
I don’t use FB, IG or what’s app, but so far I love Meta for their contribution in ML space, and they keep it open sourced. Gotta give it to Meta for their contribution in that space.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

robgreene

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
In a small segment, cherry picking. Get the full numbers of DAU. Reminds me of my fav stats quote. Stats are like bikinis, what they show may seem significant, but what they hide is crucial.

Funny that most of these articles pushing threads hide complete picture, wonder why?
Fruitful public discourse involves producing data points and sources to support your position. You simply said "Go Google it." So I did, and your suggested approach supports the opposing viewpoint.

If you're interested in having a productive, helpful dialogue, bring your sources. The onus is on you, not anyone else, to support your position.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Fruitful public discourse involves producing data points and sources to support your position. You simply said "Go Google it." So I did, and your suggested approach supports the opposing viewpoint.

If you're interested in having a productive, helpful dialogue, bring your sources. The onus is on you, not anyone else, to support your position.
I bought the data points, if you can’t understand partial data, not my problem. Also learn to search than picking one top link. Either ways it’s laughable to think Twitter has less DAU than threads, unless you start cherry picking. Math doesn’t add up, with total users/engagement.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

shadowboi

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown

Thus we can continue calling TikTok Musical.ly😃

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.