Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does the described problem also occur when backing up to a Time Capsule?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kacl780tr

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011

Something has been broken with time machine backups for a long time. [truncated]

I agree that Time Machine is a delicate snowflake. I find that making sure nothing ever sleeps during a backup seems to help.

For those interested in an alternative, I have had pretty good luck with Arq : (https://www.arqbackup.com/)
which has the advantage of being cross-platform.

Best of luck to all.

steve123

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2007
Arq ... now that brings back memories. Took me forever to get rid of a glacier vault that was created with Arq when I tried it out a few years ago. Due to that experience, I do not think I will try it again.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Arq ... now that brings back memories. Took me forever to get rid of a glacier vault that was created with Arq when I tried it out a few years ago. Due to that experience, I do not think I will try it again.

Using Arq with Backblaze B2 and having a lot of success - instant deletes, uploaded 180GB in less than a day, and reasonable download speeds (now $.01/gb).

Yeah it took forever to delete my Glacier backup too. :/ But I assumed that was an Amazon Glacier thing.

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.