Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I don’t understand what a time sensitive notification is, not what its for. 😐

Kiwamu

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2022
Those are for something like two factor notifications. i.e. the code Apple sends to your device if you look into a PC from iCloud.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Those are for something like two factor notifications. i.e. the code Apple sends to your device if you look into a PC from iCloud.
No, not really… Time Sensitive notifications work with Focus modes.

Time Sensitive notifications are given higher priority than regular notifications and can break through Focus modes. They are more for important things like text messages, calendar appointments, reminders, weather alerts, etc. For example, your calendar appointment can still come through even if you have Do Not Disturb turned on. Also, they’ll stay on your Lock Screen after unlocking your phone (regular ones disappear and move to the Notification Center).

So in a nutshell, if you have an app that sends important notifications you want to see no matter what, then enable Time Sensitive Notifications for that app. It’s mostly useful when using Focus modes.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.