Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
OH MY GOD £919
[doublepost=1473275099][/doublepost]

Now choose your capacity.
Storage
  • 32GB232GB2£719.00
    Currently unavailable

• 128GB2128GB2£819.00
    Currently unavailable

• 256GB2256GB2£919.00
    Currently unavailable

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Too many decisions!

7 or 7 Plus......

32GB or 128GB.....

Black or Jet Black......

Ahhh!!!!! :confused:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I don't understand how that will work, so after 11 months you give the, the phone back? Or you keep it and get a new one as well?

Thats what I want to know...
Generally the way these things work is that you can give the device back (and forget the remaining payments on that device) and get a new one and start new payments on it. Or you can keep the device, pay off what remains on it, and get a new one with payments again (for for full price if you want).

Reactions: int79

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Okay decided to do the whole upgrade program as that is way expensive now
I just looked at the UK version of that out of curiosity and was very impressed until I realised the carrier plan wasn't included. I would be paying in excess of £50p/m instead of £33. You do get to upgrade every year though so I guess that explains the vastly inflated pricing.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't understand how that will work, so after 11 months you give the, the phone back? Or you keep it and get a new one as well?
I think you give the phone back as a form of trade in. It is after all a rental program where if you upgrade each year you are effectively paying for the privilege of borrowing the phone.

Reactions: int79

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think you give the phone back as a form of trade in. It is after all a rental program where if you upgrade each year you are effectively paying for the privilege of borrowing the phone.
Well, not quite. You own the equipment, you just have the option to trade it in in place of the remaining payments associated with its price, or you can keep it and just pay off the remaining balance of the (0%) loan/financing.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Well, not quite. You own the equipment, you just have the option to trade it in in place of the remaining payments associated with its price, or you can keep it and just pay off the remaining balance of the (0%) loan/financing.
Yeah that's what I meant by upgrading each year. If you keep the phone for 2 years you own it once it's paid off.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah that's what I meant by upgrading each year. If you keep the phone for 2 years you own it once it's paid off.
Or you could pay off the balance at any time. But even while you are paying off the cost you already own the device, you just have a loan out that you are making payments on.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Or you could pay off the balance at any time. But even while you are paying off the cost you already own the device, you just have a loan out that you are making payments on.
That's true, but I don't see the advantage of paying the balance off on this program because you can do that on any normal contract anyway.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's true, but I don't see the advantage of paying the balance off on this program because you can do that on any normal contract anyway.
Well, you can pay it off and get a new phone at any point, and then do what you want with the one that you have (like sell it). With a contract you can't "pay it off" (short of canceling your line/account and paying the early termination fee) and thus can only upgrade with contract pricing or financing just when the contract is up.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Well, you can pay it off and get a new phone at any point, and then do what you want with the one that you have (like sell it). With a contract you can't "pay it off" (short of canceling your line/account and paying the early termination fee) and thus can only upgrade with contract pricing or financing just when the contract is up.
That's true, although my contract doesn't have an early termination fee, in fact they give you a 25% discount if you are in the final year of the contract, but yes that includes paying for the tariff side of things. It's still expensive rather than spreading the cost so I've never done it.

The Apple upgrade program still seems an expensive alternative as for my phone equivalent it would be £38p/m before a carrier tariff is added. I pay £33p/m at present. I know you get to upgrade each year but I'm not that desperate to be honest.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Or perhaps we should count the chickens after they've hatched.
Yes indeed.

And now that they have, many of us that didn't expect much aren't surprised.

It was a typical Apple S.F. Event. Polished, well presented, but lacking the kind of excitement and true innovation Apple is capable of. Yet it wasn't unexpected since next year is the big anniversary. In fact I'm sure Apple is well into the planning of iPhone 8 or whatever they label it. I'd bet that phone does have signs of innovation, there's a lot riding on the date.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I saw a lot of the event and they did the same great job they do at all of these events. I liked what I saw, but I want to try out the 7 plus in a store before I take the plunge.

Reactions: bronksy

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
And now that they have, many of us that didn't expect much aren't surprised.

Well, I for one was pleasantly surprised by the ceramic Watch.

I was also annoyed with that Nike Watch. It's hideous and I think they're overdoing it with all that fitness crap. Phil Schiller seems to have grown another ring or two, clearly he doesn't care much about it either ;)

Reactions: Ladyc0524
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.