Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chin Lee

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2016
Howdy -

That's kind of broad. Perhaps you can narrow it down? Specific things needed....or similar apps you used on previous platforms?

If you are fresh to Macs, sure.....there is the Apple App store. But you can find more diverse, interesting, and alternative options and some useful reviews at MacUpdate.com. Find something you like, and check the linked alternatives at the bottom of each app page.
Thanks Howdy.

I was on Windows Platform and now moved to OS X. I am researching on some productivity apps which make my Mac good. First thing I am looking is a password manager as want to migrate all my database to OS X. Earlier I was using KeePass but for Mac it doesn't feel so good.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks Howdy.

I was on Windows Platform and now moved to OS X. I am researching on some productivity apps which make my Mac good. First thing I am looking is a password manager as want to migrate all my database to OS X. Earlier I was using KeePass but for Mac it doesn't feel so good.
OS X has a built in password manager called Keychain application that might do all you need. That's all I use. A lot of people like 1Password, but it is not cheap.

Reactions: hobowankenobi

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
OS X has a built in password manager called Keychain application that might do all you need. That's all I use. A lot of people like 1Password, but it is not cheap.

Agreed.

Even if one picks a third party password tool, good to understand Keychain basics. It is there, working regardless of what users do. Occasionally, one must actively interact with it, so it is worth a consideration before adding another layer.

Basic Keychain overview here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.