Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I'm in for last hour of sun as well.
I take it this means before sunset, but after sunset is also ok.
We just don't want "sunset" shots, but the light from it and how that affects the mood, right?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
This is where we stand at this point.

Smorgasbord +++

50mm ++++++

Reflection

Last Hour of Sun+++++

Hidden Messages

Monuments+

"Shoot <selected topic> at 50mm" should keep all happy.

My vote goes to Last Hour of Sun.

Dale

I edited the tally to reflect the changes made by the last posts. I didn't change the 50mm total because I see it as compatible with other topics.

Title?

Last Hour of Sun/50mm Challenge

Golden Hour/50mm Challenge

Suggestions??

Dale

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I edited the tally to reflect the changes made by the last posts. I didn't change the 50mm total because I see it as compatible with other topics.

Title?

Last Hour of Sun/50mm Challenge

Golden Hour/50mm Challenge

Suggestions??

Dale

Only since Ill be out with my film camera which has no 50mm lens I'm for Golden Hour/Last Hour of Sun

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Sorry to be unclear. When we have a split decision, we usually combine them into an either or both format.

a) Golden Hour/50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour - the hour before sunset - at any focal length or shoot any subject at 50mm only. Mix and match as you want. Please title your pic as Golden Hour or 50mm Challenge.

Is this OK with everyone? I have 50mm shots taken today that wouldn't be there in the Golden Hour.

b) It could be: Golden Hour 50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour at 50mm.

c) Or: Golden Hour/50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour. Double the Challenge and shoot it at 50mm.

Help here...

Note: The Golden Hour is defined as the last hour of sunlight of the day. It has an unusual warm quality to it that makes for fabulous results. That would be 7-8 pm on the West Coast.

Dale

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Sorry to be unclear. When we have a split decision, we usually combine them into an either or both format.

a) Golden Hour/50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour - the hour before sunset - at any focal length or shoot any subject at 50mm only. Mix and match as you want. Please title your pic as Golden Hour or 50mm Challenge.

Is this OK with everyone? I have 50mm shots taken today that wouldn't be there in the Golden Hour.

b) It could be: Golden Hour 50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour at 50mm.

c) Or: Golden Hour/50mm Challenge: Shoot during the Golden Hour. Double the Challenge and shoot it at 50mm.

Help here...

Note: The Golden Hour is defined as the last hour of sunlight of the day. It has an unusual warm quality to it that makes for fabulous results. That would be 7-8 pm on the West Coast.

Dale

I would prefer the separate topic approach. I do not have any golden hour shots. Getting the new shots will be limited by work and family responsibilities, and by my bike riding now that the weather is finally warming up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.