Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
What I absolutely love is having my favricons on e touch away on the touch-bar. TB is much more useful than I was expecting it to be. Also love the autocorrect feature when I type...like this! I almost didn't even want the TB. Now I see that it is the single largest advancement in laptops probably since the trackpad. Except this has much more potential. I just have to laugh at all the idiots bitching and moaning here on MR that either have zero experience or can't afford the new technology.

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
GOOD to hear about input language. Switch between US Eng and Japanese (hiragana input) every day; in Sierra Siri has screwed around with cmd+space (yeah, I know I can remap keys, haven't got around to it).

motime

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2015
I'm happy for you and any one who finds use of the touch bar. Thank you for making this thread and trying to help people with it. I prefer a touch screen but others will use the touch bar, and that's why capitalism and competition is great, choices.
Superficial choices. Ideally you could get a much nicer harmony between hardware/OS and price but it wouldn't be cost effective for the firm so we will never see such a product in the so called free market.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I agree with you.

Touchbar is pretty useless. A polished turd is still a turd.
[doublepost=1480877532][/doublepost]

Apple employee or apologist ? both ? is that you Phil Shiller?
Just because you deem it useless, that doesn't mean everyone else does. If others like the OP find it useful, good for them.

If all you have to offer are insults, how about go start your own thread and be insulting to yourself.

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
Just because you deem it useless, that doesn't mean everyone else does. If others like the OP find it useful, good for them.

If all you have to offer are insults, how about go start your own thread and be insulting to yourself.

Go to his profile page and look at all of his posts regarding the new MBPro

https://forums.macrumors.com/search/3430566/

Seems like he is ******** envy instead of polished turds. Probably upset his mommy told him she won't upgrade him for the 3rd MBp refresh in a row. Wait until she surprises him with one Christmas morning. You'll then see his posts about how this is the greatest thing since the first iPhone. 13yo.

Last edited:

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I'm eagerly awaiting my 15" TB MBP and really looking forward to trying it out.

Is anyone aware if Parallels is going to extend support for the TB in a Windows OS? I have to use Windows for work so I do spend a lot of the day on my Windows apps.

Also wondering if Apple is going to make an external keyboard with a TB? My current set up I have an older 15" rMBP on a stand and run the Apple apps on the laptop screen while the Windows stuff occupies my 27" external display. I'd rather keep it up on the stand but typing would be awkward at best and I wouldn't be able to reach the TB. I am also a heavy Excel user (Win and Mac versions) so I need a numeric keypad. I have an external that I'll use for the time being but would really like a full external keyboard with TB and numeric all in one for when I am in the office.

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
Yes.

This thread is for positive experience, as the OP requested. There are many reasons why someone may not like the new tech, but I think cost is on the top of the list, and therefore can be discounted as relevant here. Some of us are settled into this crap, so we want to discuss it without fighting off haters :D

Point is: Positive experience thread.

monkeydax

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
Yeah better than those complaining about people actually finding useful uses for the touch bar. don't get what they gain from it

MarcBou

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Great post!

I'm having trouble with the screenshot shortcut on the touchbar. First time I used it alowed me to chose wich kind of screenshot wanted to take (full screen, selection, etc) I chose full screen, but now every time I do it, it makes me select the part of the screen I want to do the screenshot. Why it does this? if I selected full screen? And also I don't know how to change it, it doesn't allow me to choose anymore and I can't find the options anywhere.

HELP! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.