Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newbie111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2016
hey all.
have on old mac mini circa 2014... just purchased a HP E24T G4 touchscreen monitor...
of cause – thought it'd be as simple as plug HDMI in for monitor, plug USB in for touchscreen and it should work...

no go...
i've tried playing with UPDD drivers... can't seem to get anything touchscreen to work... (monitor works fine)

anyone any experience here?

I’ve googled and YouTubed but apart from the standard ‘ it’s not supported ‘ response wondering if anyone has been able to make this work ?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
hey all.
have on old mac mini circa 2014... just purchased a HP E24T G4 touchscreen monitor...
of cause – thought it'd be as simple as plug HDMI in for monitor, plug USB in for touchscreen and it should work...

no go...
i've tried playing with UPDD drivers... can't seem to get anything touchscreen to work... (monitor works fine)

anyone any experience here?

I’ve googled and YouTubed but apart from the standard ‘ it’s not supported ‘ response wondering if anyone has been able to make this work ?

Since macOS does not support a touch screen interface/input, there is simply no way to make it work. Period.

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
AZ has it right.

Simple answer:
MacOS doesn't support a touchscreen display. Never has.

(Really, that's all there is. Nothing more to say on the subject)

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Mostly correct answers above.

macOS in general doesn't support touch screen. Individual apps could, with proper app & driver support. For example, point-of-sale software.

So if you have a specific app that supports touch-screen and they support that HP display, you're good to go. Otherwise, it's a fool's errand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.