Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
My 12" Retina Early 2015 MacBook had suffered from a swelling battery.
So I took it to the tech to replace it, and do he did. But apart from the speakers issue I encountered when I got the MacBook back, I also noticed that the trackpad isn’t able to click on its lower left corner, whilst all the rest works perfectly. I must say that I t was working despite the swelling, so I have a feeling that it wasn’t put together correctly…☹️!
What do you think though, might that be a trackpad malfunction (and if so, how can I check it) or something else?

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I had a similar issue when I had my 2017 MB. I sent it in for a new battery and butterfly keyboard replacement. When it came back, half the trackpad wouldn't "click." I had to send it back to Apple and they were able to fix it. It wasn't calibrated properly after the new top case was installed. Was an absolute pain, but they fixed it.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
When you say it wasn’t calibrated properly what exactly do you mean?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
When you say it wasn’t calibrated properly what exactly do you mean?
The trackpad is not an actual moving button, its a haptic motor. Its all software based, but needed to be calibrated by Apple. I can't explain more than that as that's all Apple told me.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Isn’t there a calibration method in a video or something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.