Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Anyone else seeing this? I can listen podcasts fine on my watch, phone, iPad, computer, tv, etc. But recently I've noticed that I can't stream non-downloaded podcasts to my watch for some reason. Doens't matter if I'm on cellular or wifi or next to my phone. If the podcast is in my playlist, but hasn't been downloaded, I can click on it, select my AirPods, and then it looks like it's starting to load (I get the pause button) but then noting happens. It goes back to the play button & no matter how many time Is click it, it won't start playing.

I appreciate that there are other podcast apps out there, but I'm not interested in changing right now & am just curious to see if others have seen this & if so, how they have resolved it (if they have). Thanks!

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2022
NY
Yes, I’ve been having some issues with the Apple Podcasts app as well. A few times over the last couple weeks I was unable to stream some podcasts. I have a cellular AW so I’m not sure what was causing it. I assumed a bad cell connection but it also happened at work on WiFi.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: mk313

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Yes, I’ve been having some issues with the Apple Podcasts app as well. A few times over the last couple weeks I was unable to stream some podcasts. I have a cellular AW so I’m not sure what was causing it. I assumed a bad cell connection but it also happened at work on WiFi.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks! Same here. I assumed it was a bad cell but then I noticed it was happening on WiFi too. Thanks, glad to know it’s not just me.

Reactions: d3vp0ll
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.