Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spokendisease

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2016
I have iPhone 5 64gb A1429 and somehow I was able to update to 8.4.1 recently from 7.0. I don't know exactly what I did for it to happen. I was trying to update through ipsw file to just 7.1 and the phone itself later notified me that 8.4.1 was available. So I updated to that. I'm avoiding 10.2
I am now trying for 9.3.5 but not having the same luck as before. Any suggestions? I got this phone used it's not jailbroken.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have iPhone 5 64gb A1429 and somehow I was able to update to 8.4.1 recently from 7.0. I don't know exactly what I did for it to happen. I was trying to update through ipsw file to just 7.1 and the phone itself later notified me that 8.4.1 was available. So I updated to that. I'm avoiding 10.2
I am now trying for 9.3.5 but not having the same luck as before. Any suggestions? I got this phone used it's not jailbroken.
I could be off on this, but I think for some older devices there's a stepping stone essentially before they can update to the latest if they are on iOS version that is before 8. Basically they first need to update to the latest iOS 8 version and then from there they can jump to the latest version available for their device (which would be iOS 10 for iPhone 5). It sounds like that's what happened here. You might be better off staying with that last iOS 8 version.

Reactions: Spokendisease
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.