Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
...my pictures were of higher quality than these two. Not that the pictures are terrible - they're just not saleable.
That's a subjective comment. One way for either of you to find out how saleable your work is would be to throw it up on iStockphoto.Com. Commonly referred to as the designers dirty little secret ;)

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Cooknn said:
That's a subjective comment. One way for either of you to find out how saleable your work is would be to throw it up on iStockphoto.Com. Commonly referred to as the designers dirty little secret ;)

I meant 'higher quality' as - regardless of the image content, the quality was higher. I'm not old enough to criticize the actual content of his images - I just don't have enough experience...

What kind of camera are you (the OP) using? Feel free to post more pictures here, although posting them on the 'Picture of the Day' thread will get you the most feedback...

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Cooknn said:

It may be a subjective comment, but comparatively speaking, most people would agree that they need to be better. As I mentioned earlier, they really are no more than snapshots.

DevilDog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Ohio
I haven't actually gone out yet to just take pictures. I've taken pictures of friends and personal stuff and went to the zoo and a car show. And I don't have any other lenses yet than my 28-80. It's a D50.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
beavo451 said:
It may be a subjective comment, but comparatively speaking, must people would agree that they need to be better. As I mentioned earlier, they really are no more than snapshots.

My point exactly. Compare them to these, for example - while they're no where near the level of professional photographers, they're a bit more than 'snapshots':

To compare with the snapshot on the bus:
DSC_0274.jpg

To compare with the snapshot of the penguin:
DSC_0424.jpg

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
DevilDog said:
I haven't actually gone out yet to just take pictures. I've taken pictures of friends and personal stuff and went to the zoo and a car show. And I don't have any other lenses yet than my 28-80. It's a D50.

Remember, I'm in pretty much the same exact situation (17 - with a D50 - lol). It's probably a good idea to go out and practice. Yeah, there's a lot of natural talent involved in taking photos - but there's always room for improvement (this forum has especially helped me appreciate that reality...:eek: )

PBGPowerbook

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
to compare to your shot of the little girl

v2.jpg
on the bus

p.s. dont know if you're a budding racist but i found your phrase 'little mexican' completely offensive and distasteful. that said, you could certainly find problems (check susan sontag) with my image too. lolz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.