Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H1JJY

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2014
Yesterday I visited my local Apple store to buy a new MBA (love it BTW), I've seen that in the UK other stores have some models of Macs cheaper then Apple. However we where going to use a education discount which will be around the same price.

However even before I had decided on a Air or a Pro or said that we wanted to use a education discount, the Apple employee said that they will price match any online or in store price and whilst I'm looking at the machines I should check some online prices.
Now I've shopped at Apple store for years and never knew they priced matched, is this new or something they always done?

• Wow
Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
I'm pretty sure that they have always done it, but you have to ask, it's not widely promoted as a policy like e.g. John Lewis do.

Reactions: H1JJY

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I believe there’s a limit of up to 10% based on what a store manager told me a few years back.

x-man

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2008
London
Jhon Lewis has the iPhone £100 cheaper but the Apple employee said on Sunday that they don’t price match…

I also just now had a chat with the Apple online store advisor on the same iPhone pro and she said there is no price match policy...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.