Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
worst case, you could turn on printer sharing on one of the computers that can see the canon printer.
well ... I have 2 MacBooks: one is running macOS and second has 2 boots: Windows 10 boot and macOS ( I don't use macOS boot currently )
I did not have an issue to share printer from macOS and then print from MacBook Air. No need for GutenPrint
--
I wanted to to do the same with MacBook with Windows 10 boot. I turned on Network discovery and 'file and printer' sharing but I don't see it on MacBook Air 'Printers and Scanners' list.
What I might be missing in sharing on Windows to be visible from Mac?
Any clue?
Thanks

lcubed

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2020
well ... I have 2 MacBooks: one is running macOS and second has 2 boots: Windows 10 boot and macOS ( I don't use macOS boot currently )
I did not have an issue to share printer from macOS and then print from MacBook Air. No need for GutenPrint
--
I wanted to to do the same with MacBook with Windows 10 boot. I turned on Network discovery and 'file and printer' sharing but I don't see it on MacBook Air 'Printers and Scanners' list.
What I might be missing in sharing on Windows to be visible from Mac?
Any clue?
Thanks

i have no idea how windows interacts with bonjour.
i don't access to one at home.

gutenprint allows use of certain printer options such as two sided printing etc.
if you don't need those, that's awesome too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.