Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I'm loving the rhetoric on MacRumors these days. More dramatic than daytime television.

LITERALLY UNUSABLE STEVE IS GENERATING HIS OWN MAGNETIC FIELD IN HIS GRAVE HE'S SPINNING SO FAST

On topic though, I've seen people report for a while like @ZEEN0j described above. A sudden but persistent jerkiness until an app is killed off. Haven't seen it myself though on a 7+.

Reactions: hlfway2anywhere

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I find that the lag increases when I'm using audio apps. Also, audio generally and bluetooth audio specifically has some stutters in 11.x (I'm on 11.1.2). Hoping this gets fixed as the future is obviously bluetooth.

Edit: I'm on an iPhone 8.

Last edited:

hp79

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2013
Portland
I complained earlier, and the lag happens time by time on the iPhone X. I'm only guessing but it may be that the face recognition uses a lot of computing power and things get jerky especially when there's some app running and user doesn't do a clean complete swipe-up motion on the touchscreen. Maybe my finger was too cold and dry.

I can see it sometimes stutter (just happened now) after closing WhatsApp and then moving to the next home screen. (from WhatsApp -> Swipe up -> Swipe right)

Another thing I just realized, tap screen to turn on screen, swipe up quickly before your face is recognized, and then if your face is recognized, the home screen opens with some stutter. But this also doesn't happen all the time.

Looney01

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2015
I HATE the unlock animation. It’s so stupid, useless and pointless. I don’t care about seeing the lock unlock, it just slows down the unlock process.

lpb

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2013
Sweden
The unlock animation stutters on iPhone X if you swipe to unlock before Face ID unlock the phone.
There is no stutter if the phone is unlocked after Face ID has done it's job...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.