Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So far the iPad seems similar design notice landscape camera but over all it’s almost same iPad can’t see any major changes. I notice some of early reviews said same. I mean I wanted a new updated model as I had my 2018 one six years but as I say I can’t really see the difference I don’t have the one with £700 pounds more expensive screen?

Reactions: 3Rock

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore
I think really depends on your usage. I'm upgrading from 2018 11" IPP as well. For me the thunderbolt port will be welcome as I can integrate my iPad into my thunderbolt dock workflow with other Macs that I have. Also looking forward to using Stage manager on my external monitor

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I am a bit disappointed I use it for Safari and films but dislike the Air finger ID. They sold OLED as a big update maybe I should have checked the shops first? I really can’t see much difference over the IPad 2018. I know if may lose iOS support this year but it cost alot to upgrade but for day to day it’s hard to see anything new.

Reactions: 3Rock
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.