Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Required_

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
Here's a post I submitted to Apple's Community Forum 2 weeks ago and when I added a follow-up post this evening (that follow-up follows this post), Apple removed my post and....
At least that shows Apple do read the forums ;)

UTS

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Sill experiencing dropping on all the versions of 14. Apple support doesn’t seem to have any answers and all suggestions have been tried. iPad Air 3 just four months from purchase and I wish I never left 13

mani

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Have had these drops right from the first beta of 14 all the way through to 14.3. the Drops only occur in spots where the Wifi signal is relatively weak (but used to work fine on iOS 13 and all previous versions). It’s only happening on my iPhone 11 Pro. It’s not happening on my iPad Pro when it’s in the same spot as the iPhone. That might just be because the iPad has better antennas than the iPhone.

The drops don’t occur when I’m right next to my router.

I have also tried it with other WiFi networks with the iPhone with the same results: when the signal is strong I don’t get drops, when the signal is weak I get drops every minute (again, in spots where it used to work fine on iOS 13)

Last edited:

UTS

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Any solution yet ? Crazy two months and some users are still having dropping WiFi problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.