Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone will you be upgrading to?

• iPhone 13/12S Mini

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • iPhone 13/12S

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • iPhone 13/12S Pro

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • iPhone 13/12S Pro Max

Votes: 29 44.6%

• Total voters
That’s what I did last year. No upgrade for me this year. I’m planning a trip to Puerto Rico with my kids in 2 weeks. So I had to choose between the trip or the iPhone and I chose the trip.
Yay! You’ll have so much fun. You can always order the new iPhone in installments and pay it off later or you can sell your current iPhone and get a brand new one. Just trying to help :)

Don’t forget to post pictures and share how amazing your trip is going to be.

shup

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2021
What phone will you be upgrading to and what device will it be replacing?

I have just bought a SE 2nd gen. 128GB.

It’s meant to replace a SE 1st gen. 32GB, because of the limited storage, probably short iOS updates still remaining (1 more year?), and other limitations.

I am pretty satisfied of the new purchase so far. The SE 2nd gen. is not took large yet not too small. It has 3 GB RAM and a relatively new chip. Most importantly for me, it has the fingerprint reader. And the price is fair.

Last edited:

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
11 Pro Max to 13 Pro Max

I wasn't looking to upgrade this year TBH, but the wife needs an upgrade from her 7s+ due to filling the storage with photos! So I'll give her my 11 Pro Max and take the newer one for myself ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Saladin12

mistsate86

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2019
Toronto
This may be the year I finally upgrade from the 2016 iPhone SE I've had since launch. I would like a more current camera set up.

I was going to get the 12 Mini but ended up changing the battery on the SE. It runs like a champ again and could honestly see it lasting another year if not more.

Waiting to see what the 13 Mini has compared to the 12 Mini.

gimmmick

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Me and the misses are going to be upgrading to iPhone 13 max this year. She’s coming from an 8plus and me a regular xs.

With our first born coming early next year, would be a great opportunity to have an upgraded phone with better optics and much larger memory than our 64 gig versions.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2021
Me and the misses are going to be upgrading to iPhone 13 max this year. She’s coming from an 8plus and me a regular xs.

With our first born coming early next year, would be a great opportunity to have an upgraded phone with better optics and much larger memory than our 64 gig versions.
Congratulations on the upcoming bundle of joy + many sleepless nights it will bring 🎉

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Was going to upgrade this year from my 12 pro max, but since getting my screen replaced for green tint, now have a beautiful crisp white display like the 11 series.

It feels like I’m using a iPhone 13. 😁😂

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Got the 11 PM last May and I love this thing. Although the battery is losing health like crazy lately, hoping to stick with it until at least 09/2022. I have bought waayyyyyyyyy too many phone cases for this thing. Plus I’m not crazy about the newer shape.

Reactions: lewchenko

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Yay! You’ll have so much fun. You can always order the new iPhone in installments and pay it off later or you can sell your current iPhone and get a brand new one. Just trying to help :)

Don’t forget to post pictures and share how amazing your trip is going to be.

I completely didn’t think about doing an installment and then pay it off. We’ll see what happens in September.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Got the 11 PM last May and I love this thing. Although the battery is losing health like crazy lately, hoping to stick with it until at least 09/2022. I have bought waayyyyyyyyy too many phone cases for this thing. Plus I’m not crazy about the newer shape.

I love the new shape of the 12 series. I have 15 cases for my 12 Pro Max and am looking at 4 more cases to make my phone feel new in September.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Congratulations once your baby is here, you’re going to go through your phone and notice you have over 1000 pictures of your bundle of joy.

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
Going from an 11 Pro Max to … something. But it will probably be something smaller. My right hand pinkie finger will thank me.

so a 13 normal if it’s good enough or a 13 Pro if it isn’t. Not that keen on the new design though so will be openly considering the Pixel 6 lineup as an alternative choice, especially if prices are too high, although Apple usually does enough to keep me in their garden.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wishing you and yours to have a VERY healthy and happy baby. Great choice for rapid capture optics. Expecting editing weekly to save storage space ;)

Tip …
Get use to remote camera/video activation using your Apple Watch. Sometimes you’re holding baby or cradling with 1 arm and only have 1 hand free. Should iPhone be in range … and camera in view of you and baby ;)

Enable True-Tone, and reduce as much Blue-light as you can, in those waking moments, you’ll want to reduce any potential eye strain as you can. Excessive blue light will rob you of precious sleeping minutes and nods off.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I'll 100% upgrade from my 11PM if Apple releases a version that is matte black/gray on the rear glass and chassis.

Apple$

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2021
I'm moving from a Pixel 3a to either the 13 mini, 13 or regular 12 if there isn't much difference between the 13 series and the 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.