Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haquers

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
Discuss what phone you are getting based on rumors.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/2019-iphones/

Thinking of upgrading my iPhone X to an 11 Pro, but if improvements are largely related to the camera, I'll likely be holding off another year for the 11S, marking the first time I've gone more than 2 years between upgrades since before the first iPhone.

T-mobile promotions may affect my decision, but only if they don't require adding a line. I've already got 4 and don't need any more.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Thinking of upgrading my iPhone X to an 11 Pro, but if improvements are largely related to the camera, I'll likely be holding off another year for the 11S, marking the first time I've gone more than 2 years between upgrades since before the first iPhone.

T-mobile promotions may affect my decision, but only if they don't require adding a line. I've already got 4 and don't need any more.

I am excited for the new camera. Apple is finally making the phone the XS should have been

Reactions: ruslan120

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Does T-Mobile typically have good deals for a new launch phone ?
Do they cater to customers that already have an account or try to get new customers by offering them a better deal ??

Joe h

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
Does T-Mobile typically have good deals for a new launch phone ?
Do they cater to customers that already have an account or try to get new customers by offering them a better deal ??
Nah, pretty stingy plus they’re payment plan often requires a hefty down payment.

Haquers

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
I am excited for the new camera. Apple is finally making the phone the XS should have been
Agreed. Much like the iPhone 7 is what the 6s should have been.
[doublepost=1567474567][/doublepost]
Nah, pretty stingy plus they’re payment plan often requires a hefty down payment.
If you’re an existing customer nearing the end of an installment agreement with ontime payments, you may qualify for low or no down payment.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
In!

Super pumped for this iPhone release.

Upgrading from an iPhone X and excited for the triple camera setup.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Wish you all luck with this upgrade cycle. Shouldn't be too difficult this year since hype doesn't seem to be too crazy for this iPhone.

I'm forever done with TMO's antiquated upgrade system though--went w/ Apple's program last year and I'll never come back! :D

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
I am undecided between the rumored 6.1 and 6.5 screen ratio.
[doublepost=1567519704][/doublepost]
Wish you all luck with this upgrade cycle. Shouldn't be too difficult this year since hype doesn't seem to be too crazy for this iPhone.

I'm forever done with TMO's antiquated upgrade system though--went w/ Apple's program last year and I'll never come back! :D
What is the big difference between Apples upgrade and T-Mobile’s?

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Apple's IUP (iPhone Upgrade program) is handled thru Citizen's One Loan bank while T Mobile has the Jump program. Either one lets you upgrade after 1 year.

Reactions: nateatlarge

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
I am undecided between the rumored 6.1 and 6.5 screen ratio.
[doublepost=1567519704][/doublepost]
What is the big difference between Apples upgrade and T-Mobile’s?

It automatically bills a credit card every month and the payment includes AppleCare+, so it’s separate from your TMO bill. You have to have made 12 payments prior to being eligible for an upgrade, which coincides with the iPhone release cycle. When the new iPhone comes out you buy it via the Apple Store app and then send Apple your old phone once the new one arrives.

No outlandish down payments like TMO. I think I paid $130ish upfront last year, which was a combo of the first payment and taxes on the full amount of the phone.

But the best part is that it’s easy to order the phone! No more making phone calls in the middle of the night to order a phone. No more reps screwing up your order. It’s just a more refined process, IMO. After years of putting up with the madness that is an iPhone launch w/ TMO, I value things just going smooth.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I'll just enjoy the show as I'm done with carrier financing. I paid to exit the matrix that is phone financing, and fully own my device destiny.

I hope everyone scores, whether it's iUP or through Magenta. Dual Sim has been a dream. More importantly, let's hope this merger is finalized so our phones offer us even better service!!!

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I always see familiar faces in here every year. I'm not going to lie, I rather enjoy these threads: the panicking about T-Mobile order pages displaying "Processing" the entire weekend, people frantically checking their bank to see if they've been charged, trying to find IMEI numbers hidden on the T-Mo page, the inevitable emailing T-Mo executive support with concerns, etc. :D:rolleyes:

I'm probably going for a black Pro Max 256GB this year. Need to order some for the family too I think.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m sitting out on upgrading this year. The only thing that will get me to upgrade is if the Qualcomm modem is back in iPhones. I’ll just follow the thread like I do every year and hop on the upgrade train next year.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
I’m sitting out on upgrading this year. The only thing that will get me to upgrade is if the Qualcomm modem is back in iPhones. I’ll just follow the thread like I do every year and hop on the upgrade train next year.
They are. Apple no longer supports intel based on design leaks
[doublepost=1567657511][/doublepost]
Same here! I’m excited to finally see the colors they’re going to release.
Welcome back!
[doublepost=1567657620][/doublepost]
We back @nateatlarge
[doublepost=1567554747][/doublepost];):):apple:

Apple party!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.