Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm thinking about picking these up at the Apple Store. Apple's earbuds have never properly fit my ears, but my Etymonics won't fit in the iPhone headphone port, plus I do like the built in microphone.

Anyone out there use/have the V-Modas? Opinions?

dadsp33k

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2007
Parkville, MD
Just got them today from the Apple Store. I am by no means an "audiophile" (or any other phile for that matter..lol) but they are very clear, have great bass, mucho comfy with three different size "thingys" for your ears. I use the largest. The "thingys" come in both black and clear in the package. The cord is more of fabric material with a mic on the right ear. There is no remote controlling as with the stock iPhone headphones but I don't miss that. The stock earphones from apple have always hurt my ears and i've been forced to buy aftermarkets.

Sorry, I've always been a bad reviewer but that's my take on things.

photo81dn2.jpg

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
PA
Just got them today from the Apple Store. I am by no means an "audiophile" (or any other phile for that matter..lol) but they are very clear, have great bass, mucho comfy with three different size "thingys" for your ears. I use the largest. The "thingys" come in both black and clear in the package. The cord is more of fabric material with a mic on the right ear. There is no remote controlling as with the stock iPhone headphones but I don't miss that. The stock earphones from apple have always hurt my ears and i've been forced to buy aftermarkets.

Sorry, I've always been a bad reviewer but that's my take on things.

photo81dn2.jpg

Is the cord any longer then the stock headphones?

rapps

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2004
I bought these and returned them right away. The sound quality for music is pretty good, but the mic for calls leaves a lot to be desired. People on the other end thought apple's sounded much much better than the Moda mic.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Thanks for the feedback. I picked them up this morning and I'm fairly satisfied with the audio quality. I prefer the functionality of the Apple earbuds, for sure, but they were basically useless to me given that I couldn't walk down the street without them falling out of my ears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.