Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Apple said that there wouldn't be any 7 pluses available today. Not sure why this is a big surprise.

aarontsuru

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Walked into the store this morning in Brooklyn, NY... no line, but they had opened early (which I didn't know). They never had any 7+s, they said, but was able to get a 128gb Black 7 without any issue. I had them cancel my Verizon pre-order and 20 min later, I left with my new phone. Easy peasy! It was the same 2 years ago when I got my 6 on launch day.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I saw something like that too! It seems as if people want the better camera.
I was oh so close to pulling the trigger for the plus but for me as an everyday phone the 4.7 screen is just better. I don't watch a ton of things on my phone and I still use it for running. I did have to cancel my preorder and reorder to get the proper trade in credit from verizon. If I would have went with the plus I wouldn't be getting one until Halloween.

Stereo

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
I was oh so close to pulling the trigger for the plus but for me as an everyday phone the 4.7 screen is just better. I don't watch a ton of things on my phone and I still use it for running. I did have to cancel my preorder and reorder to get the proper trade in credit from verizon. If I would have went with the plus I wouldn't be getting one until Halloween.

Same here, I drop my phone a lot as well. Plus, I don't think I can text with one hand with the plus.

Verizon corporate store here in Charlotte, NC did have all color available for the iPhone 7 including Jet Black but no iPhone 7 Plus in stock.

Reactions: daydayvol

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Walked into the store this morning in Brooklyn, NY... no line, but they had opened early (which I didn't know). They never had any 7+s, they said, but was able to get a 128gb Black 7 without any issue. I had them cancel my Verizon pre-order and 20 min later, I left with my new phone. Easy peasy! It was the same 2 years ago when I got my 6 on launch day.

I did the same last year when I found out that the Plus models were not even shipped that morning. I actually waited a week and then got the regular model. But not this year, I'm sticking with my pre-order. I've never owned a Plus so this will be a nice upgrade from my previous 6S and current SE. I'll run to the Apple store after work just to play around with the phones and wait for my Plus to arrive next week.

twostep665

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Just tried to get my phones from verizon. Switching from Tmo and taking advantage of their $650 per line buy out deal. We went and got a quote on everything last Tuesday. Went in today and they say they changed the deal to where instead of trading in a 6 or 6s and getting trade in bill credit and a gift card for the remaining balance, they now do small monthly bill credits over the course of the installment term. This does not help me pay off the Tmo EIP whatsoever. I have in writing that we could get the trade in bill credits and gift cards and they say that they can't do it. Anyone else having similar issues?

mandurz

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles, Ca
Just tried to get my phones from verizon. Switching from Tmo and taking advantage of their $650 per line buy out deal. We went and got a quote on everything last Tuesday. Went in today and they say they changed the deal to where instead of trading in a 6 or 6s and getting trade in bill credit and a gift card for the remaining balance, they now do small monthly bill credits over the course of the installment term. This does not help me pay off the Tmo EIP whatsoever. I have in writing that we could get the trade in bill credits and gift cards and they say that they can't do it. Anyone else having similar issues?

When they announced you get $650 credit, you receive a $27 credit for over the course of 2 years. So essentially it is like a 2 year contract if you want the whole $650. Before you were able to do a trade in and get up to $300 gift card, but they changed it. So if you wanted to get a new phone next year you would only end up getting $325 in credits

aarontsuru

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Baltimore, MD
When they announced you get $650 credit, you receive a $27 credit for over the course of 2 years. So essentially it is like a 2 year contract if you want the whole $650. Before you were able to do a trade in and get up to $300 gift card, but they changed it. So if you wanted to get a new phone next year you would only end up getting $325 in credits

I'm okay with that. Next year is supposed to be the big redesign. After having the 6 for two years and some of the issues around the "new design" that came with it, I'll be happy to get on a S type cycle with the next design. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.