Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
is AT&T the same way? My sister is on the plan with my family and is the only one that remotely hits 22GB a month. If she does, but the rest of the us don't, will only she be throttled? Right now, we are all on individual unlimited data plans, and I think we could save up to $80 a month if we switch to the new unlimited data plan.
[doublepost=1489933562][/doublepost]
and ATT is better? I have 4 iPhones with grandfather unlimited but switch to the new unlimited plus to save money
so my talk say unlimited (non share) the text say unlimited (non share) the data say unlimited (shared)
I called and the say its unlimited to each iPhone
so i asked that it will say too (non share) I believe they are planning a trick on us, if the don't chang it i am going to wright to the attorney general of out stat or just go to Verizon or T-Mobil

I'm wondering the same thing. I want to be sure before I change to the new plan that 22GB applies to each LINE and not to the entire account.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
is AT&T the same way? My sister is on the plan with my family and is the only one that remotely hits 22GB a month. If she does, but the rest of the us don't, will only she be throttled? Right now, we are all on individual unlimited data plans, and I think we could save up to $80 a month if we switch to the new unlimited data plan.

I'm wondering the same thing. I want to be sure before I change to the new plan that 22GB applies to each LINE and not to the entire account.
If deprioritization happens, it is per individual line, not collectively.

Reactions: Applejuiced

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I'm curious how this will impact me if I switch from 4GB plan to unlimited. My plan is a single line,4GB data, unlimited text and voice , + the family plan feature to get call blocking. Here is my current monthly costs
$50 4GB data, unlimited talk and text
$20 smartphone line access fee
$5 fam plan fee
$10 other fees ( gov )
-$10 employee discount
-----------------------------
$75 / month total

If I switch to unlimited, will it be this?
$80 unlimited data, unlimited talk and text
$5 fam plan fee
$10 other fees ( gov )
$0 employee discount ( i read that employee discounts do not apply to the unlimited plan )
$ 115 / month total

It looks like the price would be $30 more a month, but I would not have to worry about going over data. Given my current usage, I had 1.7GB leftover last month , so I can't convince myself that this is a good deal for me. It will help if I'm traveling and am away from Wifi, because my data usage will go up a large amount then, like if I'm on a business trip.

Thoughts?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I'm curious how this will impact me if I switch from 4GB plan to unlimited. My plan is a single line,4GB data, unlimited text and voice , + the family plan feature to get call blocking. Here is my current monthly costs
$50 4GB data, unlimited talk and text
$5 fam plan fee
$10 other fees ( gov )
-$10 employee discount
$75 / month total

If I switch to unlimited, will it be this?
$80 unlimited data, unlimited talk and text
$5 fam plan fee
$10 other fees ( gov )
$0 employee discount ( i read that employee discounts do not apply to the unlimited plan )
$ 115 / month total

It looks like the price would be $30 more a month, but I would not have to worry about going over data. Given my current usage, I had 1.7GB leftover last month , so I can't convince myself that this is a good deal for me. It will help if I'm traveling and am away from Wifi, because my data usage will go up a large amount then, like if I'm on a business trip.

Thoughts?

The plan is $65 for unlimited data, talk & text plus $20 line fee plus tax. Total is $85 but they will knock off $5 if you do auto pay.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yes, AT&T is the same way.
Throttling/deprioritization is based on each individual line that hits the preset soft cap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.