Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icefall5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have SBSettings set to show my free RAM, and lately my RAM has been very low. I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I typically have ~65 MB with nothing open. As soon as I open an app or two, it drops to 10-15 MB. In the past I had ~100 MB and no problems running things.

I've tried disabling all Winterboard themes, uninstalling a bunch of Cydia packages, everything. It's really getting annoying because my iPod has been crazy slow due to this.

I have a 32 GB iPod Touch 4G running 4.3.2, jailbroken with redsn0w. I have roughly 15 GB free. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Restore and re jailbreak then.

I have 153MB free in Sbssettings on my ipod touch 4g

Last edited:

icefall5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Okay, it's getting completely ridiculous now. Springboard crashes into safe mode 4-5 times each day and I can't do even simple tasks. My memory does not increase after completely rebooting the device.

This began when I upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.3.2 and jailbroke. I've since upgraded to 4.3.3, and the problem has persisted. Does anyone have any ideas? I do have Crash Reporter installed and can post those logs if requested. It doesn't recommend any programs; it only has the log of Springboard crashing.

Please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

(HAHA)

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
just wondering

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have SBSettings set to show my free RAM, and lately my RAM has been very low. I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I typically have ~65 MB with nothing open. As soon as I open an app or two, it drops to 10-15 MB. In the past I had ~100 MB and no problems running things.

I've tried disabling all Winterboard themes, uninstalling a bunch of Cydia packages, everything. It's really getting annoying because my iPod has been crazy slow due to this.

I have a 32 GB iPod Touch 4G running 4.3.2, jailbroken with redsn0w. I have roughly 15 GB free. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

just curious. how do you get the ram showing in sbsettings? is there one for basic memory, or is that the same as ram? thanks

(HAHA)

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
just wondering

just curious. how do you get the ram showing in sbsettings? is there one for basic memory, or is that the same as ram? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.