Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Portland
While listening to music on my new Ipod Mini, suddenly the music stopped and suddenly I heard the dialogue of a telephone call I had with a client 8+ years ago.. I had this experience verified by my baffled husband..

I have heard "tales" of strange Siri events .. but this was Mine 3 days ago.. Can anyone explain.?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Wow, that's real spooky, like something out of a Rod Serling TV show. Did you by chance copy music that you've had for awhile to your new iPod? Perhaps a recording of that telephone conversation also?

Reactions: spyguy10709

BJno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Portland
None of the above! At the time of the call 8 years ago, we were ATT telephone users.. it was a land line.. Now T Mobile.
I do not copy music either.. thanks for response..

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
This is an iPod mini with the black and white screen right? If you never synced it with a computer or anything then this is like Twilight Zone events going on. Very odd. The only logical explanation would be that somehow that client or someone who was listening in (ATT worker?) so happened to record that call and sync it the iPod for whatever reason.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
None of the above! At the time of the call 8 years ago, we were ATT telephone users.. it was a land line.. Now T Mobile.
I do not copy music either.. thanks for response..

I think you've misunderstood what that person meant by copying. They were suggesting you had synced music, rather than stolen it.

The most puzzling part of this story is the "new" device that was discontinued 15 years ago.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
s-l500.jpg

First, just to check, this is the iPod you're talking about? Voice memos made on iPhones or iPads get stored in iTunes, so most likely you accidentally recorded your end of a conversation as a voice memo with one of your other devices, then it then got synced to the iPod along with all of your music. Unless you mean that you can hear both sides of the conversation, in which case I can't see how that's possible.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
I think you've misunderstood what that person meant by copying. They were suggesting you had synced music, rather than stolen it.

The most puzzling part of this story is the "new" device that was discontinued 15 years ago.
HomePod mini, perhaps?

Reactions: spyguy10709
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.