Video software for side-by-side music videos?

crenz

macrumors 6502a
I'm looking to do a workshop with kids where we'll create a simple music video with several videos side-by-side. The kids would be either singing/playing sections of a song, or doing individual “samples” (like a clap or drum hit). Any idea what software would work for it? In my mind, I'd love to find something like Logic/GarageBand for videos that has some awareness of bars and some sections, but I think that doesn't exist yet :).

dandeco

macrumors 65816
You may want software that lets you work with beat markers. iMovie doesn't have that, but Adobe Premiere Elements and Wondershare Filmora do. Adobe Premiere Pro also does, calling it "Automate to Sequence", but you probably want something more affordable, like Filmora and Premiere Elements. You can even easily have multiple videos play side-by-side in the timeline on both programs.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
I'm looking to do a workshop with kids where we'll create a simple music video with several videos side-by-side. The kids would be either singing/playing sections of a song, or doing individual “samples” (like a clap or drum hit). Any idea what software would work for it? In my mind, I'd love to find something like Logic/GarageBand for videos that has some awareness of bars and some sections, but I think that doesn't exist yet :).
Final Cut is a preferred app on Macs. You may try free Blackmagic and also CapCut (not sure about side by side videos, but CapCut definitely does two layers of video at least).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.