Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Apple claimed to only be able to produce 400,000 units this year. Considering they are accelerating the release date for other countries I can only assume they are not even close to selling out. Even if they sold all 400,000 units that would still mean nothing to Apple. I just looked it up and in 2018 Apple sold 572,603 iPhones per day on average for the entire year. This Vision Pro numbers aren't even on their radar.
McDonald’s sells 6 1/2 million hamburgers each day. They laugh at Apple selling only half a million iPhones.

The Vision Pro certainly is on Apple’s radar, despite your numbers proving it shouldn’t be.

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
I'm in Australia, waiting, because there are very good reasons to buy an AVP officially available from Apple.

Buying one from a third-party seller would mean:
  • no useful warranty
  • no way to swap light seals
  • no ability to log in with my own Apple ID
  • no way to buy apps without a US credit card
  • no way to buy the optical inserts I will need
  • no way to watch movies I already own
  • no return policy if it's not for me
  • much higher cost on an already expensive product
No, I'll just wait.
Same here mate.
also Australian consumer policies are great if something goes wrong in 2 years time. Never need to buy Apple care.

Reactions: Mescagnus

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I have owned an AVP since day one. I have come to use it more and more each day, often using it six hours or more a day. When I travel without it, I begin to miss it. On longer trips I take it along and it’s wonderful on an airplane. It works fabulously well with a MacBook and it is great to be able to go between both APP apps and typical Macintosh apps using the same trackpad and keyboard. I also use it standalone and I’ve made Keynote presentations, written articles using a Bluetooth keyboard, and send messages, check mail, and of course consume content. I have a new grandchild and it is great taking spatial videos and watching them. They are going to be great to have through the years. I could not be more pleased with my AVP. I look forward to the next version I will be buying that one as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.