Voice dictation on mac is terrible!

mtwdwrd

macrumors newbie
I have been a long time Windows user until this past year when I decided to get a Macbook. It's not that I loved Windows but it is all that I had experience with until a shoulder surgery forced me to use my iPad to dictate at work because I could not write or type for an extended period of time. It worked fairly well and my windows computer starting to act up so I plunged for a MacBook Air as I needed a full size laptop. There are a lot of things I like about it but the voice dictation component is subpar at best. The punctuation is erratic and it will often erase parts of words, whole words, and whole sentences. I am constantly having to go back and correct things that are wrong to the point that it is almost faster to type. I am dictating into an EMR via Google Chrome but when I access that same EMR on Safari it is not any better. It boggles my mind that Apple has put so much into OS and they have such a faulty dictation component. Has anyone had any success in using any type of dictation on a Mac that is halfway accurate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.