Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi,

I need to do some voice recording for a course narration. So nothing too fancy, but I do need to be able to edit frequency ranges and such and get rid of mouth clicks and other announces. Previously I have used Audition, but I want to try something else that is cheaper. I was thinking about Audacity but thought I would check with the experts here. I have a M1 Studio with 32 GB, and use a Shure SM7B mic.

TIA

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I think Audacity would work great for that! GarageBand, Logic, Waveform, and REAPER are other great alternatives to also check out, too. And you'll likely experience no stability/speed issues either--the Mac Studio is more than powerful enough to run those programs for basic audio tasks.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I think Audacity would work great for that! GarageBand, Logic, Waveform, and REAPER are other great alternatives to also check out, too. And you'll likely experience no stability/speed issues either--the Mac Studio is more than powerful enough to run those programs for basic audio tasks.
There does not seem to be an Apple Silicon version of Audacity. Will that be an issue with my M1?

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
It says "Universal," which means that it's built for both Intel and Apple Silicon. Either way, it'll run great!

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 10.35.21 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.