Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2021
I understand how the Perspective Zoom work on a wallpaper. But is supposed to move the Badge Bubbles around eves if is off? I will upload two clips, the 2nd one it has wallpaper perspective zoom on and in the 1st is off. Is this how is supposed to work? Thanks

Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I understand how the Perspective Zoom work on a wallpaper. But is supposed to move the Badge Bubbles around eves if is off? I will upload two clips, the 2nd one it has wallpaper perspective zoom on and in the 1st is off. Is this how is supposed to work? Thanks

View attachment 2172099

View attachment 2172100
Yes that's normal. Even in iOS 16 where perspective zoom is removed the dots still move (or the search button if that's enabled instead).

Reactions: ph.rei

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2021
Another way of thinking about this–do you really think it's working in a way that it's not supposed to?
When is working, is working as it should. But I don't see the point of it partially working (badges moving around) while is set to OFF.
But if Paddle1 said is normal behaviour, then I suppose is a feature (Apple style) 💁‍♂️

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
You're confusing two separate but similar features. The perspective zoom only applies to the wallpaper, not the user interface as a whole.

The badges moving is part of the parallax effect. If you don't want the badges and other UI elements to move either, then go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Motion -> Reduce Motion.

Last edited:

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2021
Thanks but doing that would also limit the display to 60hz. That's a big No! For me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.