Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
so I am one of the people Tim Cook was talking about and cast off my mac book air for an iPad Pro. reasonably working out for me thus far however...

someone hacked my iCloud password and it was locked up for over 24 hours. I couldn't get to anything. I want to be able to physically back up my iPad to somewhere other than iCloud but no longer own a Mac. should I buy a used Mac mini strictly for this purpose or is there another alternative I don't know about?

Honestly, I'd buy the MiniMac.. Not just as a device to backup you iPad to occasionally, but as a home server and a computer to remote into on that rare occasion when the iPad doesn't quite do everything you need it to do.

Reactions: M. Gustave

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Out of curiosity, I hope someone can answer this, but is there a way to add files from OneDrive to iCloud Drive or a way to upload files to iCloud Drive. I would honestly love to put my music from OneDrive into iCloud Drive but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Out of curiosity, I hope someone can answer this, but is there a way to add files from OneDrive to iCloud Drive or a way to upload files to iCloud Drive. I would honestly love to put my music from OneDrive into iCloud Drive but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

You can use the app, Cloud Opener.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
I've tried Cloud Opener, but I can't ove things from OneDrive to iCloud Drive. Haha.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
I've tried Cloud Opener, but I can't ove things from OneDrive to iCloud Drive. Haha.

I use Cloud Opener specifically for this purpose. In Cloud Opener, click on the center cloud and OneDrive should show up at the bottom of the list. Click that and you can browse OneDrive. You can then click on an item and it will bring up the CloudOpener share sheet, which has "iCloud Move". It's a more steps than it should be, but works.

The way I deal with multiple files is to use Readdle Documents to download the files and then use the share sheet for Cloud Opener. I use this for backing up, so I just zip all the files in Documents into one file, which means only one operation through Cloud Opener.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
I use Cloud Opener specifically for this purpose. In Cloud Opener, click on the center cloud and OneDrive should show up at the bottom of the list. Click that and you can browse OneDrive. You can then click on an item and it will bring up the CloudOpener share sheet, which has "iCloud Move". It's a more steps than it should be, but works.

The way I deal with multiple files is to use Readdle Documents to download the files and then use the share sheet for Cloud Opener. I use this for backing up, so I just zip all the files in Documents into one file, which means only one operation through Cloud Opener.
I'm going to give this a try!! Thanks!

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
I'm going to give this a try!! Thanks!
Okay, Took a little more time messing with the App and found it works great for moving things to iCloud. I finally have all my Music from OneDrive Over to iCloud do this makes it awesome. Thanks!

Reactions: luminosity6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.