Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
2x2 wifi, so a bit more limited in that regard than the others.

I'm not sure what you mean by "2x2" wifi, but I've heard it is slower than the Touch Bar models. Though, I do wonder if that is noticeable in average daily use.

The non Touch Bar is definitely more limited and has lost a lot of its value on the market. But it's still a good machine and its not worthless. I have a 2016 2.0/512/16 non Touch Bar with Apple Care and 76 battery cycles. I would hope to get at least $900 for it if I sold it now.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I'm not sure what you mean by "2x2" wifi, but I've heard it is slower than the Touch Bar models. Though, I do wonder if that is noticeable in average daily use.

The non Touch Bar is definitely more limited and has lost a lot of its value on the market. But it's still a good machine and its not worthless. I have a 2016 2.0/512/16 non Touch Bar with Apple Care and 76 battery cycles. I would hope to get at least $900 for it if I sold it now.

More antennas mean more throughput. The nTB will peak at 867Mb/s of bandwidth, compared to 1.3Gb/s in the other MBPros from 2015 onwards (3x3).

In real world usage does it make a difference? Not if you're just surfing the net. But if you're moving files around over the local network then obviously it would. Or if you have a huge connection to your ISP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.