Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I've noticed over the past few days that the weather conditions and sunrise/sunset complications randomly stop working.

Rebooted iPhone/Watch with no real solution, all the software is up to date and not beta.

iPhone 15PM and Watch S8.

Anyone else seeing it?

Reactions: Davidalan

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Working for me.

WAG: might check Privacy and Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions to check to see if anything Weather and or location services are off. Nuke option, on phone, General > Reset > Reset > Location & Privacy

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Nothing changed. like I said they do work ocasionally, like weather conditions will display 7/10 times, the sunset maybe 3/10 times during the day.

I'll wait till next software update should be coming soon.

PackerBadger

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2023
Having the same issue with my Sunrise/Sunset complication. Did a search and didnt find much on it. Hoping for a solution.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
I have found that if I remove the complication from the face I’m currently using when it isn’t working, replace it with something different, save the new complication, and then go back an re add the sunrise/sunset it works again.

FloridaScrubJay

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2020
Riverview, FL
It’s been an on and off problem with my watch since the last firmware update. Weather works for days and is glitchy for days. Just went through a 10 day period of glitchy weather disappearing and hours later re-appearing only then to disappear. Hopefully the upcoming update will this.

MitzEclipse

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Have the same issue. Newest iOS/watchOS on AW8/iphone15. Super annoying. Removed complication and added on Watch app, works intermittently. restarted several times.
Also have issue with very fast battery drain. hoping new watchOS brings relief

madler

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2022
Pasadena, CA
Yep. My weather disappeared yesterday and hasn't come back. It's not just the complication, but also the Weather app on the watch. The app doesn't show weather for any of the saved locations. As suggested above, I tried changing the complication to something else (Wallet, which worked fine), and back to Temperature. No joy. Just for kicks, I also tried Conditions and Rain. Still blank. Sunrise/Sunset is also blank. Several other complications that I tried work fine. Definitely a bug. And a rather annoying one.

Goang

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2024
Happens to my AW7 and iP15pro. Indeed very annoying and the whole reason I got an Apple Watch was to get over the intermittent support of android wear.
ironically also hated charging the OG Huawei watch twice a day but now charge my AW7 twice a day

jollino

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Chieti, Italy
This also started for me yesterday. Rebooting the watch and iPhone doesn't help, and the weather app on the watch is also borked. Around the same time, my battery life on the watch started getting really nasty.
Also, on the Watch app on the phone, checking for updates hangs there for a while and then says it can't check for updates.

I think it may be related to the recent iOS update, but I'm not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.