Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
2987178251_4b333310a0.jpg

osin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
New Jersey
First of all I would like to Thank You All for participating in this week's contest and also congratulate you all talent.
I'm new here and I’m very surprised with level of talent on this board.

“Everyone's photos are amazing and the winner was picked because his work looked good based on my personal choice and how I chose to interpret this theme”

Here are some thoughts on submited work:

mattw126: I like your shot for the way how the water came out but I would like to see it framed differently (that big rocks and branch seems to be in focus and it is where my eyes go the most). I’m also not a big fan of these blown out highlights and dark shadows…

LittleCanonKid: again, I’m not a big fan of blown out highlights but I love that “hairy” water. It is the first time I see something like this :)
lazylightning: there is something about this picture that intrigues me every time I look at it.

TJunkers: Great location and composition. What I like about this picture are details in the sky (stars) but overall picture seems to be underexposed.
sreedy: Nice job with capturing the wind, but it seems that it also shook your camera (tripod) a little bit – it would be a stellar picture if you could get these poles sharp.

AlexH: Nice composition. It would be nice picture if you will got a little bit of sunshine there. I know that you can’t control it, but what you can control is framing - that huge pipe coming out of the wall is what ruins the the picture for me ;)

I would like to encourage: zebbz, jodelli, dornoforpyros, chappers, edge100, heron88 and the rest to explore this theme a little more often. I liked the light trails but most of these shots seem to be underexposed. On the other hand I really like the way how you guys experiment.
While talking about experimenting, Plymouthbreezer comes to my mind, I really loved your idea and taking the long exposure theme to a different level. Very nice…

This leaves me with three of you which submitted work I really appreciate and was blown away by.

KameraGoddis: this is a classic, perfect book example of long exposure shot. Love the colors and composition.

Valdore: When I saw this image for the first time, I said to myself: "WOW!!! Can't be real!" Awesome output for sure. The only downside for me are those branches on the right and the way you framed that shot. Whole action seems to be overpowered with the left side of the picture.

Martin C: First of all I love the composition a lot, especially placing the crossing according to the Rule of Thirds. Secondly what makes this picture perfect for me are colors and motion. When I look at your picture I see traffic constantly moving. Good Job!!!

And the winner of this week’s contest is:
Martin C

Even though I didn’t comment on everybody’s post (mostly lack of time) I would like to Thank You All for participating in this week's photo contest…
Greg

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
Martin... you clearly made that in MS Paint... hahah

Awesome picture! When I saw yours I said to myself: "Damn, I lost."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.