Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
There's still a few hours. The judge can turn up in the last minute, as you know :)

My clock says time up - but allowing for the volcanic dust cloud upsetting the time system - I won't rush in to judge now.

I would still much prefer Abraxsis to come back and rescue the contest. I hate it when there's a surrogate judge.

Azazul

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2009
Getting excited, not only regarding the judging but seeing next weeks theme :)

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Sorry for the delay in judging. Im in Grad school and approaching finals, plus my email got hacked so I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning up the mess of some hacker emailing spam to clients and friends. As such, Im going to judge and leave feedback for the winner and 2 runners up. Then when I get a free minute to breath Ill come back and do the rest, if no one objects.

This was WAY more difficult than I ever imagined. Really there are multiple shots I would have placed in the same slots. To be honest, all three runners up would have been in the winner slot. With another 3 or 4 in the 1st runner up slot. They are all too excellent. Regardless of winners, I just wanted to say that everyone posted some wonderful shots. Kudos to all.

Anywho ... here we go.

2nd runner up: STXSTEVE, the composition, angle, and background are excellent. I especially like the color treatment. While compositionally I would have like to seen you and the bike more to one side with more mountains in the distance, I still love the shot. It works perfect as is and it worthy of the 2nd runner up slot. I am also jealous, I LOVE Colorado. Def. my favorite state.

1st runner up:acearchie, perhaps it is me love of old cameras and film, but this picture speaks volumes to me of a bygone era. The colors and composition are simply wonderful, it screams spring to me. But not just any Spring, a Spring from long ago in easier times. Excellent work!

Winner: damov2, this is an amazing shot. Im sure it took forever to get it just right. The color contrast between the red and the green is great. The "face" of the ladybug is crisp, and compositionally I found the upside down angle to be awesome. It's is something ordinary, in an unusual angle, which heaps on interest. Awesome job.

Congrats damov2, you now have the honor of posting the next theme. Thanks everyone for your entries, they were all excellent.

damov2

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
Cambridge, uk
Thanks for the honour of winning Abraxsis i'm just glad you liked it. The new topic is up as of now I hope you like it, I chose it in dedication to the ladybird as she won me my first "weekly photo contest".

For all of those asking about the body and lens combo, it's Canon 40d with the EF-S60mm macro.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
1st runner up:acearchie, perhaps it is me love of old cameras and film, but this picture speaks volumes to me of a bygone era. The colors and composition are simply wonderful, it screams spring to me. But not just any Spring, a Spring from long ago in easier times. Excellent work!

A spring from a long time ago you say. So not a few days ago then :p

Thanks for the runner up position. Very proud I made it considering the tough competition!

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Great that you made it back Abraxsis

Well done everyone - especially damov2

I think you are in for an interesting time for the next contest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.