Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Australian Water Lizard

Attachments

• Wildlife - Australian water dragon.jpg
    Wildlife - Australian water dragon.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 178

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Noisy salmon eating suckers... I mean... California sea lions...

Newport, Oregon

Camera: Nikon D50 w/Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8
Exposure: 1/500
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 200mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: -4/3 EV

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The list of winners from the previous contest is as follows:

1: damov2

2: acearchie

3: STXSTEVE

I'm pretty sure the protocol is that #1 has 24 hours, then #2 has an additional 24. In the past the Contest has gone to volunteer judges after that. It winds up being as much as 48 hours without a new Contest. An eternity on the Net...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dale

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The list of winners from the previous contest is as follows:

1: damov2

2: acearchie

3: STXSTEVE

I'm pretty sure the protocol is that #1 has 24 hours, then #2 has an additional 24. In the past the Contest has gone to volunteer judges after that. It winds up being as much as 48 hours without a new Contest. An eternity on the Net...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dale

We need a new rule: if you're going to enter the contest, you must subscribe to the thread.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I brought something like this up the last time the Contest started to fizzle.

"Participation in the Contest includes the responsibility of judging if you win."

Or some such thing...

Subscribing is good, if you check your email regularly.

dale

damov2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Cambridge, uk
Sorry guys i will have the top three up in a little while, i have had two assignments that need handing in by tomorrow so i've been a little busy!

damov2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Cambridge, uk
winners!

3rd place Chappers, Great action shot of one my favourite subjects, spiders. Nice balanced colours in this shot and it's lovely and crisp. Nice shot.

2nd place Someoldguy, Love this capture, it has great contrast and it's really well lit. The subject has good DOF and looked to be in the mood for posing for the camera. Well done!

And the winner is...................

1st place NeGRit0, I'm loving this image. The original shot has a really strong composition and some great detail. The post processing is creative and well thought out, but overall i loved that you were creative with the subject.

Well done to everyone who entered and there were some lovely shots. Thanks for entering.

Well done to NeGRit0 you have the honour of the picking the next subject and judging.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Great job, NeGRit0. Congrats, well deserved. I like the inventive and creative approach you took this week. You can look at the sticky topic near the top of the forum where many of the past contests are listed/linked. Just come up with a topic you want, don't worry too much if something similar was done before. New images, new week, fresh slate and looking forward to what you come up with!! :)

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Great job, NeGRit0. Congrats, well deserved. I like the inventive and creative approach you took this week. You can look at the sticky topic near the top of the forum where many of the past contests are listed/linked. Just come up with a topic you want, don't worry too much if something similar was done before. New images, new week, fresh slate and looking forward to what you come up with!! :)

All this time here never even noticed the stickies. Lol. Thanks for the complement. I play in photoshop when i get bored at home, and i ended up with so many edits that i liked. Originally i was going to do a Poloroid stacking thing, but wasnt happy with the results. I really like how this one came together, I'm actually using as my background on my cellular.

Yay! My idea wasnt in the list.

@All New contest is here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.