Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Rays use their fins to "fly" through the water.
attachment.php

Attachments

• flight-1200.jpg
    flight-1200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 333

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Sorry about the late response, lets get into it!

3rd place: liljohnny51
Great capture of flight in motion.

2nd place: mikshayne
Wonderful silhouette.

1st place.....

NStocks!!!

Love this one. Seems that the colours differ quite a bit from post to attachment (see attached) so I thought it was a little bland at first look but when I opened it...bam! Attack of orange and green. Wonderfully small DOF and super detailed.

Well done!

Sorry about the short post but I've been busy and thought I had better get this in for you!

Thanks everyone for entering.

Attachments

• Picture 24.png
    Picture 24.png
    298 KB · Views: 112

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Sorry about the late response, lets get into it!

3rd place: liljohnny51
Great capture of flight in motion.

2nd place: mikshayne
Wonderful silhouette.

1st place.....

NStocks!!!

Love this one. Seems that the colours differ quite a bit from post to attachment (see attached) so I thought it was a little bland at first look but when I opened it...bam! Attack of orange and green. Wonderfully small DOF and super detailed.

Well done!

Sorry about the short post but I've been busy and thought I had better get this in for you!

Thanks everyone for entering.

Wow ! I really didn't expect to win :eek:. Thank You !

I will post the theme of next week's Competition as soon as I think of a Theme. It should be up on Monday.

Thank You

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Congrats NStocks. It is an outstanding photo.

I don't know about anyone else, but I miss the more extensive C&C the judges had been making on each entry. We are doing this at the Fortnightly Challenge (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/754513/) and I would love to see this happen here as well.

Sorry about the short response!
If I had more time I would've gone into more detail.
I do agree with you though.
However I think we see a lot more C&C in the Fortnightly Challenge because everyone has a say. In the Weekly Photo Contest only one person has a say in what goes on, and that person might not necessarily have the confidence to extensively judge a contest.
It is nice to see some detailed reviews every now and again though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.