Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Weekly Photo Contest (Dec 19 - 26)

1. You may enter only one photo.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time stamp)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last weeks winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

This week's theme is Danger
Can be anything that is dangerous...

Previous contests can be found here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
Danger

Crocodile on the bank of a river near Cairns, QLD, Australia
Apparently having his mouth open was crocodilian for "If you don't leave, I won't be lying here looking stupid for much longer!"

4198712827_d5e0860b4d_o.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Sucking hole directly ahead...

Clackamas River, Oregon
SCN0126.jpg

Canon EOS A2
Canon 100-300mm
Fujicolor 400 Super G
No other exif available

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
pdxflint -- We changed the time frame for judging to 24 hours (from 48). If Nicolasdec doesn't show up in the next few hours it looks like you get the honors.

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
3rd - SmileItIsTravis, Love the shoot, it looks like the cat is ready to attack. The picture also looks like that picture of the fox jumping the gate.

Now second and first was a very close call....

2nd - zeeflyboy, Love the shoot, the tiger looks very angry, and you can see the anger in his eyes.

1st - PeteB, Pete what a lovely picture, Its hard to tell if the leopard is angry or sleepy. I love that its in B&W, and the huge whiskers are really cool. Well done, It also very nice that she/he is looking at the camera.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Thanks Nicolasdec, and congrats to PeteB!

Dale - Love that landscape shot, really surreal look to it - was that done on film?

pdxflint - love the guys face at the front, he looks terrified and it really makes one wonder what he can see out of frame to the left, great shot.

needlnerdz

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
switzerland
congrats folks!

zeefly that's a great shot + sharp as a tack! What sorta lens was this and how far were you? I'm guessing some sorta 200+ zoom from just through the cage?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
3rd - SmileItIsTravis, Love the shoot, it looks like the cat is ready to attack. The picture also looks like that picture of the fox jumping the gate.

Now second and first was a very close call....

2nd - zeeflyboy, Love the shoot, the tiger looks very angry, and you can see the anger in his eyes.

1st - PeteB, Pete what a lovely picture, Its hard to tell if the leopard is angry or sleepy. I love that its in B&W, and the huge whiskers are really cool. Well done, It also very nice that she/he is looking at the camera.

Nice job of even handed judging of a set of wonderful photos. I was a little concerned that the topic would fly, but the creativity of the MR photographers rose to the occasion.

No offense, but the tiger is a lion...

Thanks Nicolasdec, and congrats to PeteB!

Dale - Love that landscape shot, really surreal look to it - was that done on film?

pdxflint - love the guys face at the front, he looks terrified and it really makes one wonder what he can see out of frame to the left, great shot.

Thanks for the comment. It's shot with my XSi. I tweaked the white point in post to pull out the greens and browns. It was a dull day at the mountain.

Dale

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
A deserved winner - Well done PeteB - quality shines through in the end.

It was a difficult week to win with so many great shots to chose from.

Although I do now wish I'd entered a Feline pic, as they obviously are what Nicolasdec considers dangerous :D
1st, 2nd and 3rd - all cats

Having said that - its better to be scared of cats than small horses that frighten a friend of mine :eek::eek::eek:.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.