Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Due to the time limits passing I am posting this on behalf of PeteB...

This week's challenge - Adventure.

Whether it be wading through jungle, climbing mountains, or a child's imagination.... go crazy!

previous contests here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/

I'm not sure how this works, if PeteB is around on the 6th is he able to judge? If not, I'll do my best (although I will be in Paris!)

Rules:

1. You may enter only one photo.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time stamp)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last weeks winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Good luck... close date is 06th Jan at 12:10 GMT

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Canoe trip... Lady Evelyn Lake, Ontario. I'm the good looking guy.

4228481100_e023d5c69e_o.jpg

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
November 9, 1989

The fall of the Berlin Wall was the beginning of an adventure in democracy and freedom for a reunited Germany.

Attachments

• adventure-2.jpg
    adventure-2.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 189

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
If I win please send me a PM since I'm not on here as much as I used to be

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Screen shot 2010-01-04 at 12.28.35 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-04 at 12.28.35 PM.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 185

csjxx

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Skiing up in Aberdeen at the weekend! 1000 Mile Round Trip in all kinds of bad weather! True Adventure! :D

DSC_0661.jpg

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Ok, so pardon my ignorance but the rules aren't very clear!

Does PeteB still judge as is his right as last week's winner? If not then let me know and I'll pick a winner.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Foucalt - great pic but the contest closed already I'm afraid!

hmmmm...

tough choices! you'll have to pardon me for being brief, but I am in paris with the girlfriend so don't have long!

Firstly, there are some fantastic pics in here, so congrats to all! however since time is tight I will simply address the top 3:

Third place: Maxxamillion - fantastic looking photo and I like the more risque interpretation of adventure it provokes in my mind. It is an imaginative composition!

Second place: JDDavis - I love it. crystal clear, chaotic, could be anywhere! Really, really good!

First place: Firestarter - something about this picture really captivates me. The colours are fantastic and you've captured the scene beautifully in my opinion. I often fly to Marrakech and have stared out the flight deck at the city below countless times wondering what it is like down there! hopefully one day someone will fly me there instead!

sorry I couldn't give credit where it is due to the other fantastic shots, the girlfriend needs to be wined and dined!!!

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Thank you zeeflyboy! :)

I can definitely recommend Marrakech. The town has an enormous central square which fills with restaurant stalls every night at sundown. The whole place then becomes a mass of steam, smells and sounds as the locals choose their favourite stall for their evening meal. It's not a show put on for tourists - it's been happening like this for hundreds of years.

I'm going to have to get thinking about the next contest!! :)

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Good work - and congrats firestarter you certainly bought back a few memories for me with that photo when my father-in-law took me out one New Years Night for sheep head + eyes + intestines and a nice gassy beer to wash it all down - lovely.

zeeflyboy - good job from you too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.