Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Good job all.
Congratulations mattyb240.:D

Once again the judging has been pulled off with care and thoughtfulness. Thanks for your work, Deep Diver.

These threads are great for making us think about a topic and try to creatively capture an image the fits the theme. It is also fun to see how others "look" at the world.

Can't wait for the next challenge.:cool:

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
mattyb240: This is an outstanding image. There is interesting contrast between the cinder block which appears mostly intact, and the bricks and wood which clearly are not intact. I want to know all about this place. When was it built and for what purpose? Why is it not cared for. I see myself standing on the outside not sure if I should enter. Is it safe? Do people live there? What will I find? Great job.

Wow thanks everyone! I'm really shocked! I am brand new to photography (had my camera for four weeks now) and am loving every second and its these challenges that stretch my interpretation and abilities. So thanks to all and there amazing images!

Its in the a town called Trefforest in South Wales, its an old minors town and a lot of the buildings aren't in great nic, this image was a DIY garage in a back alley during the snow we had the other week! While its not bad in daylight some areas especially in the alleys aren't then nicest.

Thanks again!
Matt

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
mattyb240 - you get to pick the next topic

mattyb240,

Thank you for telling us about the building.

I won last week on the first photo I submitted on this forum as well. You may or may not know that you get to post the next thread, decide the topic, and be the judge.

Congrats

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Typically I didn't realize but im more excited now to pick a topic! I will have to post i up later so I am sorry for such an appalling delay but I am about to do a 4+ Hour drive so will be up when I am back!

Thanks again everyone and get ready!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.