Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
jrotunda85 The texture, lighting, and feel of this photograph is well presented. Your simple arrangement against the solid white background adds to this. You may be doing this to protect your work, which I completely understand. That nice logo of yours is far to big for the picture and actually detracts. Otherwise--well done!

Thank you for choosing my picture! The logo is not normally on the picture but I have found that out of a lot of my pictures, this one in particular, is the one I find most often elsewhere without permission; hence the big logo. Also thank you for your kinds words about the quality and composistion!

Firstly congrtulations jrotunda85 for making me want a cigar again.

Thank you and get out there and get yourself one! :D

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2009
California
Thanks for the critique. I was really looking forward to some responses even if I didn't place. I'm really new (a couple of weeks or so) to photography and using my very first dslr. Before this I mainly used my cellphone which I think produced better pictures than my point and shoot cam. So I'm looking to get any help I can get.

Looking forward to the next contest and more constructive criticism.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Congrats to the winner and thanks for the critique. I am also a photography newbie so welcome any input. Looking forward to the next comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.