Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Weekly Photo Contest (March 9th-16th)

Rules:

1. You may submit only one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is, “Happiness.” A subject that instills in the viewer a sense of happiness, something that brings a smile to his or her face.

I have chosen this theme as spring approaches, just when Spring Break has begun. This theme is quite broad, but it’s all about your imagination and state of happiness. Make us smile ☺

Good luck!

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
happiness is sitting next to this after a hellacious hike

Attachments

• 3341772331_f37b5ecd1b_o.jpg
    3341772331_f37b5ecd1b_o.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 197

EugeneA

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Happiness...

Happiness is jumping with joy and not caring where you are going to land :)

Attachments

• DSC_0008.b.jpg
    DSC_0008.b.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 158

dewailang

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2009
Children of Lombok

A shot of kids at a fishermen village in Lombok, Indonesia

Attachments

• 2740476363_e56b39cf3f_b.jpg
    2740476363_e56b39cf3f_b.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 157

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
My daughter and I when she was 4 months old. This was the first time I heard her laugh. You can click to make it larger. Thanks for this theme. I've enjoyed the pics.

Attachments

• jefflap172.jpg
    jefflap172.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 155

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
???

I apologize for not posting the winner earlier (a time difference between Alaska and the lower-48 States).
-------
The winner of this week’s (March 9th-16th) Photo Contest is Chappers-with his photo of a child playing with soap bubbles.
-------
Thanks for waiting.

First, I would like to point out that I am not a professional photographer by any means; I just enjoy the hobby of “picture taking.” The reasons why I chose Chappers’ photo as the winner are as follows:

Chappers
This photo exemplifies “happiness.” It brought a big smile to my face. I asked my wife, without telling her about the photo contest, “which one of these photos makes you the happiest when you look at it?” Her answer was, without hesitating, “the one of the kid trying to catch air bubbles.” It’s a very nice photo, wonderful color rendition and sharpness, with the bubbles and main subject in focus. I would have liked another crop, one that would show the child’s right sandal, but this is a minor point.

Pdxflint
“Pals.” In my view, this photo is a close second, not necessarily because it makes me happy when I look at it, but because of the happiness the fellow in the photo seems to be having at the moment. A rough-looking guy shows his emotions holding a soft and cuddly puppy ☺

Apearlman
“Tickled Pink.” Another nice photo, third in my view. Different family (?) generations, big smiles on their faces.

I should have mentioned the rest of the photos, some which are nicely composed or well executed, but I am already late to post the contest winner. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not commenting about the rest of the photos.

I would like to ask Chappers to start the next Weekly Photo Constest. If for whatever reason Chappers can’t, then perhaps Pdxflint, or Spearlman could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.