Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Welcome to this week's photo contest. The theme this week is:

Candid.

It's pretty broad, but I'm looking for photos that were taken of subjects being themselves.

Rules:

1. You may enter only one photo.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time stamp)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
(Winner has 48 hours to create new theme or the 2nd and 3rd place winner assumes responsibility of judging and choosing the next topic within 24 hours.)

6. Please consider your ability to accept the responsibilities of winning before entering the contest. (i.e.: Judging and choosing the next topic in a timely fashion.)

Good luck! :)

fridgeymonster3

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Philadelphia
From this Easter.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 211

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Matching Tatts

4605719702_8f4fcdace2_b.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 32 mm
ISO Speed: 1600

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
The winner is VirtualRain :).

Nice shot. I was pretty disappointed with the entries, but that's probably because at least 90% of what I do is candid in some form, and it's what I'm good at. VR's was the only one that really resonated with me in some way. I did like acearchie's, partly because it was shot on film.

That's not what you're supposed to say, but that's my view of things.

Congrats to VirtualRain and have fun choosing a subject :).

amammad

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
Nice shot. I was pretty disappointed with the entries, but that's probably because at least 90% of what I do is candid in some form, and it's what I'm good at.

Possibly a poor choice of topic on your part then.

CANDID:relating to or being photography of subjects acting naturally or spontaneously without being posed

Several of the shots here fit the bill and fit it well.

Only thing that ruined it for me is the somewhat ungracious and immodest judging.

That's not what you're supposed to say, but that's my view of things!

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Yes, it was probably a bad choice on my part. That's my fault.

Several of the shots here fit the bill and fit it well.

Not by my standards, I'm afraid. They were candid, yes, but not particularly good. Again, I shouldn't have chosen something that I'm so close to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.