Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Great theme this week and my god! the quality of the entries was unsurpassed this week. Fantastic shots well done everyone!
[doublepost=1479993218][/doublepost]
View attachment 673762
Exposure: 1/200 sec; f/10; ISO 100; Normal Program
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

Well done on the win but what is that? Is it a muddy bog or something? Superb texture to it.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Well done on the win but what is that? Is it a muddy bog or something? Superb texture to it.

It is taken at an National Monument in Ireland called "Poulnabrone" The overall area is called "The Burren".

Here are some more pictures from Poulnabrone:
IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Agreed; the entries this week were terrific; I like the Scottish and Irish landscapes, they resonate with something deep within me - well done @CmdrLaForge - great and incredibly atmospheric shot.
[doublepost=1480104067][/doublepost]I also liked @needfx's haunting shot, and that of @E3BK - two lovely Scottish shots, laden with an almost brooding atmosphere.

Reactions: needfx

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Congrats to @CmdrLaForge for the win!

Agreed; the entries this week were terrific; I like the Scottish and Irish landscapes, they resonate with something deep within me - well done @CmdrLaForge - great and incredibly atmospheric shot.
[doublepost=1480104067][/doublepost]I also liked @needfx's haunting shot, and that of @E3BK - two lovely Scottish shots, laden with an almost brooding atmosphere.

Landscapes are a forum favorite topic and it shows in the submissions this week. Well done, all.

And thank you for the kinds words, @Scepticalscribe. It was a wonderful time to be in the Highlands. Wish I could have gone deeper into the country but I'll save it for next time.

I also loved @needfx's photo. I love the light - very moody. Was my personal favorite.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Great theme this week and my god! the quality of the entries was unsurpassed this week. Fantastic shots well done everyone!
[doublepost=1479993218][/doublepost]

Sorry to be the boring scientist but...it's an example of what's called a limestone pavement. In effect it is a water-eroded limestone. Can be found in a few areas of the UK including the Burren and in Yorkshire/Derbyshire. Don't think there are any in Scotland but might be wrong.

Great photos again this week and congrats to the placed entries - well done CmdLaForge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.